Monday, August 23, 2010

Running

New hobby/sport that I've picked up.

It all started on this one night. The Kiddster Crew's just came back from the family outing at One Utama. So, as Kiddster Jr was quite tired, I decided to carry him on my back. The minute I put him there, SNAP!, my back pulled itself. It took me 25 minutes to reach my house from the parking lot which is quite sometime since usually will take me around 5 minutes.

At that moment it struck me. I'm only 28 and my back has already begun to reject me. This is not what I want. I used to be quite the sportsman. But at that moment, I can barely carry my son back to my own house. So, once arrived at my house in a new record time, I decided to weigh myself since my last weigh-in was like a year before. And what a shock it was!

94kg!

If I remembered correctly, my previous weigh was 85kg. What a difference a year make! I just couldn't believe it. The boy who used to be able to compete at the state marathon is now a man with a gut sticking out.

That whole night, I wasn't able to sleep. Not because of the pain at the back, but because of the pain in my heart (and no, it wasn't a heart attack). My ego has been bruised. I'm 28 and already having back issues? This should not be happening to me. It shouldn't. But it had. And it will become a much bigger one if I don't do something about it.

So now, I'm a proud owner of a Nike LunarElite+, Runkeeper as my iPhone running app, sportsarm band, Sennheiser PMX 80 Sport II, and a long list of sweatshirts, pants and socks. I have clocked in at least 150km of runnning/jogging. To me now, playing a round of golf walking, is not an issue anymore.

Probably in my later posts, I shall give a simple review about some other products that I have used, or I've tried to compare too. But all I can say for now is that though I'm using the LunarElite, I'm not really enjoying it that much as I thought I should have. But I'll save that for later, yeah.

Anyone who would like to ask me about my running experiences, please do not hesitate to pm me, or better even, would like to join me in my crusade on finishing a marathon and losing weight as a bonus, please, message me as things like this are better shared with friends.

And with that, I say, "Run my friends, Run like you've never run before..."


Kiddster : "Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it." - Oprah Winfrey

No comments: