Saturday, November 06, 2010

Sweet Sweet 15...

Yeay!!! I totally hit the 15 mark today!!!

Got up today quite late (blame it on EPL). Not only that but tummy was giving me problems and ended going to the loo twice. But, at 7.55am, managed to drag myself into the car and drove all the way to Mont Kiara Park.

This morning the weather was very favourable. Even at 8.10am, it was still cold as though it was at 7.00am. So, after parking the car, walked to my usual starting spot at the park.

It began nicely with the pace being under 5:30. Since today I've decided to go more than 10km, I forced a slower pace to make sure I'm unable to complete the run.

When I managed to reach 10km, then was when my feet began to feel very tired. It was probably due to the 7km that I did yesterday. However, I still continued because have promised myself that I won't go home unless I reach 15km.

And after a run of 1 hour, 39 minutes and 19 seconds, Runkeeper logged me for 15.11 km, which is currently my personal best record in distance and time.




After today's run, a few pointers that I learned:
1. Never run 7 km the day before and go for a 15 km the day after.
2. Nuts are not good, nuts are not good.
3. Always remeber to bring own water bottle as the van vendor could have finish up their water supply for the day.
4. Nuun taste better with cold water.

And in all, I'm still proud because not realizing it, I completed 22km of running in 24 hours. Now, I shall train myself to go at least 20km, but that shall be done next month only.

Till then, cheerio...

Kiddster : 15km! Top that people!!!

No comments: