Friday, March 18, 2005

Faithful Or Not ?

A few years ago, I had this presumption that employees would stick in one company and work their way up to becoming the company's manager, CEO, CFO, etc... But lately, this presumption has changed due to the fact that I'm seeing that the working world is ever changing. Seems that rotating jobs are not the "in" thing as most of us would call it.

Just look at this scenario; A few days ago, a new exec just joined up into the company I'm working in. After just chatting with him for around 10 to 15 minutes, he just got into a mood of telling everything (well, not everything actually).


Kidd: So, how do you find this line of service?

New Exec: New enviroment, not many would ever thought of going to be working under this line actually.

Kidd: That's what me thought too, people find it kind of cool to be working under this service actually (sorry binx)...

New Exec: So, hmm..... How long do you think you'll be working here, huh?

Kidd: Huh??? What do you mean?

New Exec: Well, me thinks me would be here most also 2 years. So, what about u?

Kidd: WTF???!!! Hey, you've only been here like 2 hours and you're already planning when to leave huh?

New Exec: 2 hours and 20 minutes lor......

Kidd: $%&$%&#@#!%## ????!!!!


Does this mean that the new exec is much better than me? I mean probably he already has a future plan on what to do right? And me? Do I feel like staying with the same employer for years to come? Do I actually have a future here? What if suddenly I receive a better offer? Would I go there? Can I ever finish my studies while working?


I hate that new exec...

No comments: